Wednesday 19 July 2017

No stopping me now!

OK, so I've had another moment of madness..

I've booked my first, wait for it.................................  TRIATHLON!!!!!! 

What??? Yes, you did read that correctly, a Triathlon! Now before you go imagining me swimming across open waters, cycling 100 miles and running a marathon, I'll stop you there! 

This is a beginners triathlon with a 200m indoor pool swim, 18km bike ride and 2.5km run, it's a Pink Wave Triathlon to raise money for Cancer Research and will be part of the Warwickshire Triathlon run by UKTriathlon.



It's on Sunday 24th September, 4 weeks after Torq in your sleep, so hopefully my legs will have recovered by then! 

Training has already started, I have joined my local leisure centre along my hubby, he's a keen mountain biker too and did Mountain Mayhem a few weeks ago, so is just as enthusiastic as me about training and getting fitter.  It's a really good centre with 25m pool, fully equipped gym with personal trainers who I intend to badger with questions and requests for help and it's walking/jogging/limping distance from my house!

My first swimming session was at the 'moonlight swim' last week and I had originally planned to just try and swim 8 lengths = 200m but I actually surprised myself and swam double that and I've been back again this week and swam 500m, although this time it was an early morning swim... we were there at 7am, can you believe that!! And I followed it with a long walk with the dogs!

I'm easing myself back into running too, I have really rubbish knees and low arches and the beginnings of a bunion on my right foot (it's a hereditary thing, we've all got awful feet in our family along with arthritis and dodgy joints!)

Of course I now have to find myself a suitable bike, the MTB ain't gonna cut it, especially if there are hills!  I went 1x11 back in April so I don't have the luxury of granny gears anymore and I'm not gonna put myself at a disadvantage trying to ride a full sus up a huge hill on the road with big chunky tyres so the hunt is on for something second hand... so watch this space.

So yeah, mad woman strikes again! I'm really excited to be doing this though and it's more exercise and all stuff that will help with Torq in your sleep and the Hopetech Women Enduro - hopefully!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cannock Chase Winter Classic XC MTB 2020

I'm writing today's blog post from my sick bed, literally as I've got suspected viral tonsillitis and I'm feeling very poo...