Wednesday 18 December 2019

It's been a while...

I am officially rubbish at blogging!

I haven't updated this blog since July 2018 I think? Not because there hasn't been anything interesting happening but because I thought no one was interested in an overweight slightly unfit nearly 50 something woman, mucking about on a mountain bike (falling off quite a lot too) and doing the odd obstacle race.

However, that's changed, considerably actually! 

2019 has been a pretty awesome year, discovering the Ketogenic lifestyle 5 months ago, and in doing so losing a ton of weight (not literally) becoming fat adapted so I have loads of consistent energy on the bike, no more peaks and crashes from sugars and carbs which has made a massive difference to my riding.

Buying a bloody awesome mountain bike in the summer, a 2019 Intense Primer Expert 29er, a huge investment for me and going up a frame size, going over to a carbon frame, it really is the dogs danglies and has taken my riding to a new level, faster, more confident!


Finally biting the bullet this year and entering the Hopetech Women Enduro where I discovered my mojo, which just happened to be hiding in a bush in Gisburn Forest...  


I had soooooo much fun, pushed myself way out of my comfort zone, loved every minute and wanted to do more so off the back of all of that, I've signed up to a few Enduro and XC events in 2020 - more about that soon.

As it happens, I turn 50 in 2 weeks and I decided a few weeks ago that turning 50 warrants me going out in 2020 and giving it a shitload of GNAR 🀘 on my fabulous new bike and newly found fitness and mojo.

And here's the best bit, I've joined the Sherwood Pines Cycles Race TeamπŸ’šπŸ–€ representing the team in the Grand Veteran Women's class (under British Cycling), which is pretty cool eh!


So given everything that's going to happen in 2020 it made sense to revive this blog and who knows, someone might actually read this now 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cannock Chase Winter Classic XC MTB 2020

I'm writing today's blog post from my sick bed, literally as I've got suspected viral tonsillitis and I'm feeling very poo...